"Catch me if you can!"Horned Beast is a 4-star Faen Creature found through Exploration. His skillset is that of a Tank, especially effective at surviving Magic Damage and Lockdown effects with his Immunity skill. Dodge brings physical damage avoidance to further increase his survivability, and Mass Heal proves to be an invaluable asset to heal Faen-centric decks.
Despite Horned Beast's well-rounded skillset, his low HP combined with the sporatic effectiveness of Dodge make for a less-reliable main tank, especially against Heavy-hitters that can one shot his lower HP pool. A level 10 Horned Beast really only shines in a Faen deck that supplements his low HP with Elven Salve and increases healing throughput with multiple heals.
Alternatively, an Evolved and Melded Horned Beast can prove to be an extremely effective carrier of strong support Skills and can be played away from combat, or can be drastically improved by increasing his survivability as a main tank:
- Frost Armor - Improve his Physical Mitigation for main tanking.
- Recycle - A sturdy Recycling support that is difficult to lock down.
- Retreat - Easy-to-acquire option for a front-line retreat card to give better board control.
Acquiring Horned BeastEdit
Horned Beast creature shards can be acquired through exploration at 5-3, 5-6 & 5-9.
Like all 4-star Creatures, it takes 30 shards to create a Horned Beast.
- Immunity 7 - Grants 70% protection from DMG and effects from all magic skills.
- Mass Heal 5 - Restores 125 HP to all your Creatures.
- Dodge 6 - Creature has a 50% chance of being unharmed by basic attacks.
Strategies and TacticsEdit
- Horned Beast does best in the middle of the board, where his dodge helps avoid some combat damage but he is not always tanking.
- Avoid placing him infront of heavy-hitters like Venom Tyrant.
- Mass Heal works extremely well when found on multiple cards, and Horned Beast can become a main tank in a Faen Deck when surrounded by the right support cards.
- When using Horned Beast for support, with a 4th skill melded like Recycle or Frostbite, remember to play him out to the right like any support and not as a tank to maximize his time on the board so he can continue to support your team with heals and his newly acquired skill.